Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday, February 6, 2009 (part 2)

We're reaching for the "top shelf" tonight and celebrating! Since there is no cure for CLL, Dr. Solberg said he could not call it a "complete remission", but for now the bad leukemia cells are completely killed off and out of the body.

The immune system remains suppressed and it will be another 4 to 5 weeks before a return to normal activities.

In two months, it will be a return trip to Mayo and at that time we will outline the future course of treatment. At some point a Bone Marrow transplant is in the future, but Dr. Solberg thought it was best to hold off those decisions until April.

So for now, we're celebrating! Since I'm limited to only a couple of "adult beverages", I'm sure there will be a few of you out there that will hoist a few this weekend and join us in the celebration.

Thank you for your support and prayers,
Fred and Carol

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay dad! Two months is two months...

And since you are limited to those adult beverages, I'll do the drinking for you tonight since you're buying ;)

See you at 7 to celebrate!

Love, Memi

Anonymous said...

Praise God for good news!! I will be celebrating tonight too!! All my love Luanne

Anonymous said...

I love good news and it is about time your got some!! I also got some this week so I guess you will have to put up with me for another year. Will fill you in later, but for now this is GREAT!!!!
Love, Darlene

Anonymous said...

Fred ... I knew in my heart when I talked to you earlier this week that you would be getting a good report. I am so thankful things are going well. I look forward to seeing you and working with you for many years to come!

You are in God's hands and all is well.

RC