Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fred had his blood work and bone marrow biopsy this morning. He was a nervous wreck about the biopsy, but luckily they gave him some Adavant to take 1 hour prior to the procedure. I ended up giving him another one about 15 minutes before the procedure cause he was still a nervous wreck. He wasn't feeling too much pain (if you know what I mean) by the time he had the biopsy. Needless to say he has been sleeping soundly since.

I went to pick up a prescription for him and to get him some lunch that he wanted, but I don't think he even knew I was gone and he doesn't even know that I am back already. I am hoping he sleeps most of the day and the pain from the procedure isn't too bad.

We know they have to send the bone marrow biopsy results to Rochester, but they do some of their own preliminary tests also from the bone marrow, so after his CT scan tomorrow we are hoping that Dr. Solberg will have some good news for us tomorrow afternoon.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I hope he sleeps for quite a while, too. Being on the end you are (of the caretaker) its best if the patient can sleep through the pain. Praying, praying, praying for GREAT news!

Love from chilly Northern Illinois!

Anonymous said...

I am glad it is over! Both of you need to rest! xoxo Luanne
-- oh yeah, Amelia is sick (well, she had a 102 temp last night- fine today of course) and I took today off.. so I am probably messing up your payroll! :) :) sorry!

tmc said...

Fred,

I hope today's procedure didn't discourage you. The CT WILL turn out okay tomorrow. Your in our thoughts always.

Tom & Judi