Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another long day. Fred's temp has been down (highest today 101.3). They have put him on 3 different breathing treatments to help his respiration which has been borderline today. The oxygen was removed for a while, but they put him back on it later this afternoon. The pulmonologist (not sure of the spelling) came in after Fred had a chest CT scan. He explained two procedures that could be done, one a bronchoscopy and another is surgery to open his chest to take a biopsy of his lung to see what bacteria we are dealing with. The least invasive is the bronchoscopy which Fred agreed to have tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully they will be able to determine with this procedure what kind of bacteria to fight.

Please say some prayers for him cause there are risks involved. He isn't a happy person right now. The good news is his appetite was much better today. Yesterday he did not eat anything and today he had regular meals. I thought that and the temperature drop were all good signs, but I guess until they find out what they are dealing with they don't agree with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this is happening to the two of you. I was hoping when I talked to you that things were settling down. I will be in and out tomorrow as I took off for Mom's birthday party, but call me and let me know what is going on. You are in my thoughts and prayers always.
Love you!!
Darlene

Jenn said...

Still praying hard. Love you guys -

Anonymous said...

Prayers going up Carol!! xoxo Luanne

Unknown said...

Wow. Fred, hang in there. Carol, I know this is very stressful for you both.You are both in my prayers and thoughts daily.
Deb

Anonymous said...

Carol & Fred,
So sorry to hear you are back in the hospital. All of my family have you in our prayers. I check the blog all the time. Love cousin Linda