Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fred and I are headed to Jacksonville tomorrow. His blood work today was not good and Dr. Solberg wants more blood work tomorrow and then we will see him. In a nutshell, Fred has no immune system right now.

Here are the results:
White blood cells: .9 (normal is 4.1-10.9)
Red blood cells: 3.68 (normal is 4.69-6.13)
Hemoglobin: 13.0 (normal is 14.1-17.9)
Platelets: 109,000 (normal is 140,000-440,000)

Fred's blood work is at noon and his appointment with Dr. Solberg is at 2:00 pm. I will keep you posted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't get good news today. I'll be thinking about you this weekend. xoxo Luanne

Anonymous said...

Hopefully this is a temporary set back that will pass quickly. We're all thinking about you Fred. - Neil.

Jenn said...

Uncle Freddie & Auntie Lu,
Prayers headed down to Florida. We'll be waiting to hear your news - Lots of love!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Fred, our thoughts are with you. I hope you feel better quickly!

Steve

Anonymous said...

Fred, we are all with you bud. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tom G

Anonymous said...

Fred and Carol. First, God bless you Carol for being the strong and loving person you are. Fred, I wish I was closer so that I could help in some way. You have always been a very special guy, and I have always felt a special connection with you. Not to mention that you are also one of the brightest people I have ever work with. My prayers are with you. Love, John Moss