Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our family would like to wish all of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but when the doctor put me on an antibiotic (because of Fred) I got sick. I am now on my second antibiotic.

Fred had blood work done yesterday and here are the results:

White blood cell count: 10.9 (normal 4.1 - 10.9)
Red blood cell count: 3.79 (low, normal 4.69-6.13)
Hemoglobin: 13.3 (low, normal 14.1 - 17.9)
Platelets: 174,000 (normal 140,000 - 440,000)

Dr. Solberg is more concerned with his lymph count which is 0.7 (normal is 0.6 - 4.1). Being at the low normal range he is more susceptible to infection. So we just have to watch that. Hence that is why I am now on a second antibiotic.

Fred has been feeling pretty good lately. He will go for more blood work next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Fred

I am glad to see the posting. I trust you had a very Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year! I still have you in my prayers and can't wait until you are well.

RC